Tuesday 31 March 2015

SET YOURSELF FREE READING THIS " F**K IT" BOOK BY JOHN C. Parkin

Set YourSelf Free!!!!

I’m talking about the mental and emotional weight we lug around with us. We carry it everywhere like a backpack full of bricks and it weighs us down.

Personally, much of my extra weight comes from the expectations I have for myself to be more
more present, more productive, more enlightened. Although these might be wonderful things to
work toward, wanting to be more can easily translate to not being enough now .
In that way, each desire to be more than what I currently am equates to a few more bricks in my backpack.

An extra load to haul around on my back, making life a little harder to navigate.
For me it happens to be expectations, but our habits can weigh us down too. Watching television that doesn’t nourish our souls, eating foods that don’t nourish our bodies, and holding on to thoughts that don’t nourish our minds. The effects add up.

And let’s not forget the hand me down beliefs. Beliefs like “Good things don’t happen to people
like me,” or “I’m just not lucky in love.”Or the old memories we replay, or the feelings we refuse to feel that bubble under the surface. They are all heavy, needless weight.

Some time ago I came across a really simple but extremely powerful idea for life philosophy. I have been searching for some inspiring books in the psychological books section and what caught my eye was the title of a little black book, which read: ‘F**k it’.

At the first sight, the book seemed more entertaining than practical. It was fun to read all those tips about saying f**k it and for instance singing ‘BLAKE SHELTON-lay low’ out loud in public or doing plenty of other random things that were in the end supposed to make one feel free.

The funny thing is that now as I look back, the once completely abstract idea has started to make more and more sense in my life. The philosophy of saying f**k it gives you a completely new perspective on life. Because after all, when we come to think of it, any stressful or inconvenient situation that we encounter, like e.x. an exam, isn’t as important as we may at first assume it is.

In view of the whole life, it doesn’t matter that much. Of course, I’m not saying that one should have no aspirations and do nothing at all. However, if we switch our mindset a little bit and stress out less about things, it may actually help us go through these tough times.

After all, when relaxed we are way more efficient, less likely to forget things and also, as studies show less prone to illnesses, especially those related to heart. I think, that in fact, saying ‘f**k it’ gives you a sense of freedom in life.

You care less about what other people think about you, you lose less time over analyzing and you do more things that you enjoy which consequently leads to higher levels of happiness. Also, an interesting thing is that when you let yourself go, you also set your imagination free. You dream bigger and so you achieve bigger as well!

Personally, I am trying to implement this philosophy and so far it works great! For me, more freedom also means saying ‘f**k it’ to the pressure of the society and my peers to look for a job and become a slave for my employer only to pursue the thing that many people my age consider as their primary goal money.

I must say that I am a person who would rather be poor but live for the ideals and passions, because without them, my life doesn’t seem to make sense to me. And this is exactly how I
begun my journey with blogging and Internet marketing. As it turns out, it might not be the case that you have to choose between happiness and wealth.

Anyway, I would recommend to try out the ‘f**k it’ philosophy to anyone, regardless of age, job orstatus. Let yourself free and feel the easiness in your body and soul!

---Juliuskatungi

No comments:

Post a Comment